5.17.2007

Shut Up, Sea Cow

So, my final goal for living in Belize is complete. I saw a manatee. Five actually. This is how the dramatic scene went down:

Setting: 15 passenger plane taking off from Belize City
Cast: Danis, Drew, British guy wearing a sarong for a skirt

Skirted Brit: You can see manatees in the river.
Danis: YOU can see manatees in the river?
(to Drew) We have taken this flight a bunch before, and no one has said I
might see a manatee from the plane. That Brit is loony - maybe his sarong
is restricting circulation.
Drew: Yeah, I don't know what he is talking about.
S.B.: They are gray in the river.
Danis: Uh huh....
S.B.: (very excitedly gesticulating) See!
Danis: Dang! Drew, I see one! It looks like a gray potato!
Drew: There are more!
Danis: Five! Are you kidding me?
(we fly out of view)
Danis: Well, I my time in Belize is complete. Let's go back to the States now.

So, it didn't go exactly like that - but it did check off the last "tourist" thing on my Belize list. Now all Drew and I have left is the University of Arkansas group - 60 students and professors in a developing country for a month! And that's all I say. Hahahahaha! It is going to be a good time and a great experience for everyone. I hope Drew and I can remember to post!

**Jim Gaffigan fans will get the title**

2 Comments:

Blogger Schellhase said...

"Shut Up Sea Cow" would be a sweet band name.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

SO EXCITING!! OH my gosh, I want to see a manatee! And, p.s. congrats on the incredible wit. Gray potato - classic. I miss you! Good luck with the logistics and children...I mean undergrads...

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home